Join us at the 3rd annual
December 8th, 2018 • Marbles Kids Museum • 201 E Hargett St, Raleigh, NC 27601
Immune-mediated diseases are being recognized with increasing frequency in veterinary patients. Diagnosis of immune-mediated diseases requires the clinician identify the associated historical findings and symptoms and then order (and properly interpret) the appropriate diagnostic tests. Sampling of fluids- such as blood, joint fluid, or CSF- and/or tissue biopsy are often required to confirm diagnosis. Treatment can be complicated, because patients with immune-mediated diseases may have co-morbidities and don’t always respond to first-line treatments.
Join us as our experts in the fields of emergency medicine, internal medicine, surgery, oncology, neurology and critical care share valuable insights into the management of these patients. In addition to highlighting the benefit of a collaborative, multi-specialty approach to diagnosis and treatment of patients with immune-mediated diseases, these presentations will be full of tips and tools that can be utilized in a general practice setting.
This event has been RACE approved for 5.5 Continuing Education hours.
Diagnosis & Management of Immune-Mediated Diseases
- 10:00AMIntroductory Remarks Rae Hutchins, DVM, DACVIM
- 10:15AMEmergency Management of IMHA- An Interactive Discussion Isel del Valle, DVM
- 10:50AMImmunosuppressive Therapies Laura Garlow, DVM
- 11:25AMDiagnosis and Management of Canine Glomerular Disease Sirima Yaemsiri, DVM, DACVIM
- 12:00PMLunch Break & Royal Canin Presentation: Gastrointestinal Disease and Adverse Food Reactions Doug Yanik, DVM, MBA
- 1:05PMGuts on Fire: Diagnosing and Treating Inflammatory Bowel Disease Ryan Dulaney, DVM, DACVIM
- 1:40PMGetting the diagnosis: I need to make a hole where? Meghan Kruse, DVM, DACVS
- 2:35PMCanine Histiocytic Diseases; Feline GI IBD/Low-Grade LSA/High-Grade LSA: Clearing the Confusion Laurel Williams, DVM, DACVIM (Oncology)
- 3:10PMAutoimmune diseases of the Central Nervous System Sarita Miles, DVM, DACVIM (Neurology)
- 3:45PMBlood Transfusions for the Immune-Mediated Patient Christine Culler, DVM, DACVECC
- 4:20OMCocktails and Appetizers
- 4:45PMPanel Discussion: Case-Based Learning All Presenters
Thanks To Our 2018 Sponsors