- BS Animal Science, North Carolina State University, 2006
- DVM, North Carolina State University College of Veterinary Medicine, 2012
- Internship - University of Illinois, 2012-2013
- Residency - North Carolina State University, 2013-2016
- Clinical Instructor - North Carolina State University, 2016-2017
- Diplomate, American College of Veterinary Anesthesia and Analgesia, 2017
Dr. Melanie Jarrett joined the VSH team in August 2017 as our anesthesiologist. She has a wide variety of medical interests but particularly enjoys challenging emergency cases. Additionally, Dr. Jarrett is very passionate about patient comfort and enjoys tailoring various pain management strategies for each of her patients.
Dr. Jarrett was born in Portland, Oregon, but also spent some time in California and Nevada prior to moving to North Carolina. She currently lives in Raleigh with her husband, 2 dogs and 3 cats. In her free time, she enjoys camping and traveling as much as possible.