- BS University of North Carolina Wilmington
- MP North Carolina State University
- DVM- Virginia-Maryland Regional College of Veterinary Medicine 2016
- Internship- VSH 2016-2017
- Member of American Veterinary Medical Association
- Member of Veterinary Emergency and Critical Care Society
- Member of the North Carolina Veterinary Medical Association
Dr. Sara Waltz-Johnston is one of our emergency clinicians who initially started her career with VSH as an ICU/ER nurse in 2009. Her professional interests outside of emergency medicine include critical care and neurology.
Dr. Waltz-Johnston lives in Raleigh with her husband and fur kids; Brewer (American Bulldog), Duncan (Boxer), Orange Cat (orange domestic shorthair), and a farm full of others at her parents. She and her husband welcomed their first child, Silas, in November. In her free time, she enjoys Hokie football, hiking, scuba diving, trips to Boone and Topsail Island, as well as Avett Brothers concerts (from whom her son got his middle name -Silas Avett).