- Courtesy pDVM/ colleague commercial recommendations: Based on patients’ clinical problems and diagnostic results, a list of appropriate commercial options is provided via phone or email.
- Voluntary commercial consultations: A list of appropriate commercial options are provided to the client with specific feeding guidelines and monitoring parameters. Anticipated turnaround time 5-7 business days once all information (medical records, dietary history questionnaire) is collected.
- Weight loss consultation: Individualized weight loss plan provided to the client. Includes bi-monthly weights and check-ins to monitor progress, in addition to addressing any nutrition-related concerns or questions. Anticipated turnaround time 7-10 business days.
- Assisted feeding consultation (any type of feeding tube/ port): Based on patients' disease processes, appropriate liquid diets/ liquid diet blends (for nasoenteric or jejunostomy tubes) or slurried diet blends (esophagostomy or gastrostomy tubes), feeding guidelines, and monitoring parameters are provided. Additionally, commercial options for volitional intake will also be provided (if applicable). If/ when the patient goes home, at-home guidelines will be provided to the client. Direct follow up with the client for any nutrition-related concerns or questions it available. (Anticipated turnaround time same day if before 2 pm, otherwise within 24 hours).
- Homemade diet consultation: Two patient-specific homemade diet recipes are formulated and provided to the client based on the patient’s individual disease states. Additional recipes can be requested ($80/ recipe). Specific cooking directions, feeding guidelines, and monitoring parameters are provided. Use of human supplements (+ $40). Anticipated turnaround time 10-14 business days.
- Combination Homemade diet + commercial: Please see option 2+5.
- Homemade diet analysis: Technical analysis of client’s homemade diet using recipe/ information supplied by the client. Often needed to demonstrate nutritional deficiencies/ excesses in online recipes. Does not include “fixing” the diet to make it appropriate.
- Combination homemade diet analysis and reformulation of up to 2 recipes: See option 5+7.
- Homemade diet reformulation: FOR ESTABLISHED CLIENTS -In the event that an existing patient with a VSH homemade diet develops new medical problems and a reformulation is required. Ex. Renal disease and then develops pancreatitis; use of human supplements. Within 2 years of initial consultation. If outside of2-yearr window, new homemade diet consultation fee applies.
- Supplement/ nutraceutical evaluation: depending on the number of supplements - Using existing medical records and product information, recommendations are made regarding dosing, continuation, and/or discontinuation of supplements.
- Commercial diet evaluation: Based on the patient’s medical problems and diagnostic results, evaluation of the appropriateness of current / potential diet is provided. Does not include feeding recommendations. If feeding guidelines are desired, voluntary/ commercial consultation fee applies.
- In person appointment: Discussion of client concerns and goals, nutritional physical exam, etc. Written consultation not included.
In order to provide excellent care while minimizing patient stress and unnecessary billing charges, it is not necessary to schedule an in-person appointment for the patient. However, should your clients desire to meet with our nutritionist, we would be happy to schedule an appointment for them.
We would like to make this referral process as easy as possible so you can focus on your patient’s healthcare needs. If you have any questions prior to consult completion, please email or call our Nutrition Service coordinator, Brandi Griffin (firstname.lastname@example.org ; 919-600-6609).