- BS Biology, Middlebury College
- DVM- Texas A&M University College of Veterinary Medicine, 2006
- Internship- North Carolina State University College of Veterinary Medicine, 2006-2007
- Residency- University of California, Davis School of Veterinary Medicine, 2007-2010
- Diplomate, American College of Veterinary Internal Medicine (Cardiology), 2010
- North Carolina State University, Adjunct Assistant Professor in Cardiology
- Member of the American College of Veterinary Internal Medicine
- Member of the American Veterinary Medical Association
Dr. Cocchiaro has a particular interest in the treatment of both congenital and acquired cardiac diseases, and the management of heart failure. He likes being able to work with young animals with potentially curable disease processes, while also helping to manage the quality of life of elderly patients with incurable cardiac diseases. His research focused on diagnostic testing for feline cardiac disease, as well as congestive heart failure management in dogs.
Dr. Cocchiaro grew up in Connecticut. His education has brought him all around the country, but he is happy to now call North Carolina home. Prior to joining VSH, he worked as a staff cardiologist in Austin, Texas. He lives on a farm in Hillsborough with his wife Rachel, who is also a veterinarian, and their young twins.