- Undergraduate study at Virginia Tech 1991-1995
- DVM from Virginia Maryland Regional College of Veterinary Medicine 1999
- Residency training at New England Animal Medical Center (West Bridgewater, MA) 2004-2007
- Diplomate, American College of Veterinary Emergency and Critical Care, 2007
- Veterinary Emergency and Critical Care Society
- American Veterinary Medical Association
Dr. Wells worked in general practice for one year after graduating from veterinary school. He then worked as an emergency clinician in Virginia for four years prior to pursuing residency training in that field. He joined VSH in 2007 as one of the critical care specialists working with ICU patients.
Dr. Wells grew up in New Jersey but now calls North Carolina home, along with his wife and two daughters. In his free time, he is an avid runner, cyclist, and triathlete. He’s a four-time ironman triathlon finisher and has completed the rigorous “Off-road Assault on Mount Mitchell” mountain bike race numerous times.