- BS Ecology, Ethology, Evolution, University of Illinois, 1989
- DVM, University Of Illinois College of Veterinary Medicine, 1994
- Internship- small animal emergency internship, West LA Animal Hospital, 1994-1995
- Masters of Public Health, Infectious Disease Epidemiology, University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill, 2006
- Certified Animal Chiropractor, Options for Animals College of Chiropractic, 2011
Dr. Amy Melendy is one of the emergency veterinarians providing care for pets coming through the Emergency Department as well as those hospitalized in the ICU. Dr. Melendy has a special interest in rehabilitation, post-operative care, biomechanics, and sports medicine. She will be finishing her Acupuncture and Canine Rehabilitations certifications this spring.
Dr. Melendy is a triathlete, marathon runner, and eventer (horses). When she is not working, she is busy as the Regional Supervisor for North and South Carolina’s United State Pony Clubs. She spends any remaining free time with her small herd of Thoroughbreds and sassy ponies, pack of rowdy dogs, handful of daughters, and one very patient husband.