- San Francisco State University – BA Biology
- University of California at Davis – DVM (Class of 2004)
- American Veterinary Medical Association
- North Carolina Veterinary Medical Association
- Veterinary Emergency and Critical Care Society
As a veterinarian, Dr. Cecil has always had a special interest in emergency medicine and has worked in several specialty and emergency hospitals in North Carolina and in northern California. She enjoys the diverse and challenging cases seen by the Emergency Service at VSH, and she finds it particularly rewarding to see patients feeling better as they rejoin their families following a major illness or injury.
Outside of work, Dr. Cecil can usually be found reading or exploring the creeks around her home by kayak. She also considers herself a real “foodie” and – when the opportunity allows – loves to travel and explore other countries’ food and culture with her husband.