Nick de Silvia
– DVM- St. George’s University College of Veterinary Medicine with clinical training at Auburn University 2005.
– Small Animal Rotating Internship: Veterinary Specialty Hospital of the Carolinas, (Cary/Raleigh, NC) 2010-2011
- Veterianry Emergency and Critical Care Society (VECCS)
- American Veterinary Medical Association (AVMA)
- North Carolina Veterinary Medical Association (NCVMA)
- VSH hospital management committee
Dr. Nick de Silvia is one of the emergency medicine clinicians working primarily out of our North Raleigh location. His professional interests include the management of emergent endocrine diseases, auto-immune disorders and acute toxicities of various kinds.
Dr. de Silvia grew up in sunny Barbados, and after graduation worked as a general practice veterinarian in upstate New York and later North Raleigh. When an internship at VSH presented itself, he viewed this as an excellent opportunity to further advance his knowledge and skills set. He then joined the VSH ER team and later became the chief of location for our North Raleigh branch.
He lives in Cary with his wife Julie, also a veterinarian, their 2 kids, a rescue terrier mix, a Cavalier King Charles Spaniel and 2 cats. He enjoys making homemade pasta, bread, exploring new places and playing pickleball.