- BSc Biochemistry, St. Francis College, Hyderabad, India
- AAS Veterinary technology, Pima Community College, Tucson, AZ
- DVM, North Carolina State University, Raleigh, NC
- Small Animal Rotating Internship – NC State University, Raleigh NC
- Member of North Carolina Veterinary Medical Association (NCVMA)
- Member or American Veterinary Medical Association (AVMA)
- Member of Veterinary Emergency and Critical Care Society (VECCS
Dr. Sophie Amirsultan is one of the emergency veterinarians at VSH. Her areas of interest include shock management, fluid therapy, endocrinopathies, and Internal Medicine.
Dr. Amirsultan grew up in Hyderabad, India, and before moving to NC for veterinary school, lived in Tucson, AZ. She loves being outdoors, and in her free time, enjoys hiking, rock climbing, reading, cooking, and traveling. She and her husband have a dog, two cats, 6 snakes, and a bearded dragon.