- BS – Animal Science, Cornell University (2001)
- DVM – North Carolina State University College of Veterinary Medicine (2005)
- Internship- Colorado State University (2005-2006)
- Residency- North Carolina State University College of Veterinary Medicine (2006-2009)
- Fellowship – Comparative Pain Research Laboratory, North Carolina State University College of Veterinary Medicine (2009-2010)
- Diplomate, American College of Veterinary Surgeons (Small Animal), 2010
- Adjunct faculty; North Carolina State University College of Veterinary Medicine
- Program director for VSH portion of collaborative small animal surgical residency program with NC State University
- Board of Directors; International Veterinary Academy of Pain Management (2013-2017)
- Pet Partners Medical Mentorship Committee (2016-present)
- Pet Partners Medical Advisory Board (2015-present, Co-chair 2018)
- VSH Intern Committee – 2013-2017 (intern mentor 2013-2015)
- Arthrex Vet Systems Consultant and Instructor (2015-present)
- Aratana Speakers Bureau (2017-present)
Dr. Brian Trumpatori is a small animal surgeon and the chief of the surgery service at VSH. Dr. Trumpatori’s primary clinical interests include chronic and perioperative pain management (including regenerative therapies for osteoarthritis), orthopedics and sports medicine (fracture repair, arthroscopy and management of joint diseases), minimally invasive surgery (laparoscopy, thoracoscopy), oncologic and reconstructive surgery. He has authored book chapters and lectured on various topics related to pain management, wound management, orthopedics and oncologic surgery.
Dr. Trumpatori is originally from New York. He lives in Fuquay-Varina with his wife, two children and 2 dogs. Outside of work, Dr. Trumpatori is an avid mountain biker and runner. He enjoys playing guitar, seeing live music, travel and craft beer.