- BS – Cellular Biology, University of North Carolina – Asheville
- DVM- University of Tennessee 2010
- Internship – Virginia Maryland Regional College of Veterinary Medicine 2010-2011
- Orthopedic Fellowship – University of Tennessee 2011-2012
- Surgery Residency- North Carolina State University 2012-2015
- Diplomate, American College of Veterinary Surgeons (Small Animal), 2016
- American College of Veterinary Surgeons
- Veterinary Society of Surgical Oncology
- American Veterinary Medical Association
- Adjunct Professor, North Carolina State University
- Internship Committee, Veterinary Specialty Hospital
Dr. Kapler is one of our surgeons whose interests include minimally invasive surgery, oncologic and reconstructive surgery, cardiothoracic surgery, and pain management. During her orthopedic fellowship she investigated the efficacy stem cell treatment for osteoarthritis in dogs. She also published a paper evaluating a surgical procedure for the treatment of cranial cruciate disease in dogs during her residency.
Dr. Kapler and her husband Ryan love spending time outdoors with their two dogs Mieka and Ace. Ace is even learning the sport of agility! She is an active endurance athlete and loves running, cycling, and swimming.