- BA Biology, Minor in Chemistry, Illinois State University
- DVM- Texas A&M University College of Veterinary Medicine 2012
- Internship- University of Tennessee College of Veterinary Medicine 2012-2013
- Residency- North Carolina State University College of Veterinary Medicine 2013-2016
- Internship Committee
- American Veterinary Medical Association
- Comparative Gastroenterology Society
- Society of Comparative Hepatology
- Veterinary Emergency and Critical Care Society
Dr. Kate Aicher is one of the internal medicine specialists working at the Cary and Durham locations. She enjoys the variety of cases that internal medicine has to offer, but has a particular interest in the treatment and diagnosis of gastrointestinal and hepatobiliary disease. She has even started to perform fecal transplants on patients in our Durham hospital with some early promising results. Her area of research and one of her areas of expertise is in gallbladder mucocele syndrome in dogs.
Dr. Aicher grew up in Durham, North Carolina and is happy to call this place her home. She spends her free time running on the American Tobacco Trail training for marathons, spoiling her nieces, and stand up paddle boarding on Jordan Lake. She is smitten for all of her patients but has a horse, dog, and cat of her own at home who have her heart.