- BS Biology, Hampton University
- MS Veterinary Science, University of Florida, College of Veterinary Medicine
- DVM University of Florida, College of Veterinary Medicine
- Internship University of Tennessee 2007-2008
- Residency University of Florida 2008-2011
- Fellowship in Neurology/ Neurosurgery Colorado State University 2015-2016
- Diplomate, American College of Veterinary Internal Medicine (Neurology), 2012
Additional Certifications/ Qualifications:
- Cervical Disc Arthroplasty
- Neurosurgery Certificate (pending acceptance/ approval)
Dr. Miles was selected as the nation’s first clinical fellow in Veterinary Neurology and Neurosurgery at Colorado State University, and subsequently stayed on as faculty. Her desire to provide primary case management, have a direct connection with clients and patients, and her love of being “hands-on” brought her back to the private practice sector of veterinary medicine. Her professional interests include acute intervertebral disc disease, inflammatory diseases of the central nervous system, and traumatic brain injury. She strongly believes that providing a team approach, including you and your primary care veterinarian, allows the best decisions to be made for your pet’s health care.
Dr. Miles is a military brat and has lived in multiple countries, and many U.S. states throughout her life, but she considers Virginia her home. In her free time, she loves to be out and about: exploring nature, trying new restaurants, traveling, playing team sports, doing CrossFit and other athletic activities to help maintain health and wellness!!