- BSc Biological Sciences, Virginia Tech, 2006
- DVM, Ross University School of Veterinary Medicine, 2015
- Internship – North Carolina State University College of Veterinary Medicine, 2015-2016
- Residency – North Carolina State University College of Veterinary Medicine, 2016-2019
- Diplomate, American College of Veterinary Radiology, 2019
- American Veterinary Medical Association
- American College of Veterinary Radiology
Dr. Bennett Deddens is one of the radiologists whose primary interest is diagnostic ultrasound with emphasis on vascular anomalies and acute abdomen cases. During his internship and residency, Dr. Deddens received training in both large and small animal medicine and was involved in research focused on ultrasound imaging of septic joints in horses.
Dr. Deddens was raised in central Virginia but grew fond of the Triangle area during his postgraduate training. During his free time, he enjoys music and being outdoors, trail running, climbing, camping, and snowboarding as well as spending times with his beautiful daughter and amazing wife who is also a veterinarian. He lives with (currently only) three cats who were all rescued from shelters inundated by Hurricane Florence in 2018.